Mind Body Connection
- Mental thought patterns that form our body experience
The connection between your mind and body is very powerful and although it cannot be visually seen, the effects your mind can have on your physical body are profound. We can have an overall positive mental attitude and deal directly with our internal challenges and in turn create a healthy lifestyle or we can be negative, have self-destructive thoughts and not deal with our internal issues creating an unhealthy lifestyle.
Why is this?
Our emotions and experiences are energy and they are stored in the muscle memory of our body. Have you ever experienced something in your life that left an emotional mark or pain in a certain area of your body? Almost as if you can still feel something that happened to you, yet it is not in this moment and still felt in the mind and body?
The body is magical and the greatest energy tool we have. The Super-Conscious is the master computer holding all the data from the moment we were conceived to now in this very moment. Even with you reading this something is stored in your body from this experience. That is how amazing we all are.
When our experiences are contracted from pain, shock or trauma, these energies are trapped in our muscle as memory and stored in our cells. When the brain experiences a sight, smell, sound or taste that triggers the stored memory we experience the full power even if the outer incident was insignificant because it triggers a past physical or emotional block as if it is happening in that moment again.
The Healing Arts are tools and techniques which in a soft and loving way release these stored energies trapped in the body and held in the mind that repeat imbalances in our life. When these blocks are released our brain works at its optimal capacity to live as the authentic Self and allow an intuitive wisdom into our life experience.
Schedule a session now.
How and where emotions get trapped in the muscle and cellular memory:
- Neck: Refusing to see other sides of the question, stubbornness and inflexibility.
- Shoulders: Represent our ability to carry our experiences in our life joyously. We make life a burden by our attitude.
- Spine: Represents the support of life.
- Upper Spine: Lack of emotional support, feeling unloved. Holding back love.
- Middle Spine: Guilt, stuck in the past, “Get off my back”.
- Lower Spine: Fear of money, lack of financial support.
- Elbows: Represents changing directions and accepting new experiences.
- Wrists: Represents movement and ease.
- Hips: Fear of going forward in major decisions. Nothing to move forward to.
- Knees: Stubborn pride and ego. Inabilities to bend. Fear, inflexibility. Won’t give in.
- Ankles: Inflexibility and guilt. Ankles represent the ability to receive pleasure.
- Bunions: Lack of joy in meeting experience of life.
- Arthritis: Feeling unloved. Criticism, Resentment.
- Bone Breaks/Fractures: Rebelling against authority.
- Bursitis: Represents anger.
- Inflammation: Fear, seeing red, inflamed thinking.
- Joint Pain: Represent changes in direction in life and the ease of these movements.
- Loss of Balance: Not centered. Scattered thinking.
- Sciatica: Being hypocritical. Fear of money and or the future.
- Slipped Disc: Indecisive. Feeling totally unsupported by life.
- Sprains: Not wanting to move in a certain direction in life. Anger and resistance.
- Stillness: Rigid, stiff thinking.
- Weakness: a need for mental rest.